What is the Honors Transfer Program?
The LAPC Honors Transfer Program is an academic program that aims to prepare students to transfer to the colleges and universities of their choice through academic preparation, specialized student services, and a uniquely motivated student community.
Through specialized transfer agreements with top four-year colleges and universities, LAPC Honors Scholars get priority consideration for admissions to the following campuses: UCLA (all majors in The College, as well as Public Affairs, Public Health and Education and Social Transformation through TAP), UC Irvine, Yale, Loyola Marymount University, Chapman University, University of San Francisco, University of San Diego, and Pomona College, just to name a few.
The Honors Program coursework provides students with enhanced preparation essential to university-level work through exposure to research, writing, critical thinking, and analysis. Honors courses are capped at a smaller class size and are taught by faculty who come recommended by their academic departments and students.
What are the Benefits of Becoming an LAPC Honors Scholar?
- Eligibility to be considered for honors transfer partnerships:*
- Special Honors Counseling appointments
- Transcript notation of Honors Program completion
- Recommendation letters for transfer and as alumni
- Honors certificate upon completion
- Student research conference and publication eligibility
- Free library card for UCLA
- Smaller class size
- Enhanced preparation for upper-division work
- Challenging and enjoyable academic experiences
- Avenues for individual research or experiments
- Opportunities to work in a community of engaged scholars
* Individual college and university program agreement requirements may vary. See the links above for details.
Who is an LAPC Honors Scholar?
Believe it or not, YOU are an Honors Scholar!
LAPC Honors Transfer Program is ideal for anyone who wants to transfer to a college or university. The Program welcomes all students to apply, including freshman students, continuing Pierce College students, first-generation college students, students from underserved schools and communities, and non-traditional students for transfer.
How do I Become an LAPC Honors Scholar?
Program Admissions Requirements
- At least a 3.25 UC-transferable GPA for students with a college GPA.
- At least a 3.0 high school GPA for high school graduates with no prior college courses.
How do I Become Honors Certified?
Program Completion and Certification Requirements
- Completion of at least 15 units of graded, UC-transferrable coursework
- Maintain at least a 3.25 GPA in UC-transferable courses (courses numbered 1-99)
- Complete an Honors Counseling Appointment in the first semester you are enrolled in the program
Highly Recommended: Check-In appointment each semester with the Honors Counselor and/or Honors Program Director