The Top 10 Reasons to Attend Pierce College
- Los Angeles Pierce College is recognized as one of the top transfer schools in California, ranking in the top 7% of transfers to the California State University (CSU) system and the top 11% to the University of California (UC) system among all 116 community colleges.
- We are #1 in Transfer Admission Rate to UCLA and #1 in transfer to Cal State Northridge of all California community colleges. Pierce has transfer agreements with UCLA, UC Berkeley, UC Santa Barbara, CSUN, Loyola Marymount University and most other California universities.
- Woodland Hills is located a few miles away from most of Southern California's entertainment attractions including Hollywood, Universal Studios, and the Disney Studios.
- The summers are warm and the winters are mild. We are located just 10 miles away from Malibu beaches.
- Pierce offers courses in more than 145 disciplines. As of 2021, the College offers 85 associate degrees in three categories of Associate of Arts, Associate of Science, and Associate Degree for Transfer, along with 60 state-approved certificates and 14 non-credit certificates.
- The campus sits on 426 acres, a site larger than UCLA. With more than 2,000 trees, thousands of roses throughout the campus, and small herds and flocks of livestock maintained on the college's teaching farm laboratory, Pierce College is truly a beautiful place.
- The college reflects the cosmopolitan environment of Southern California with hundreds of international students mixing well with an incredibly diverse student population.
- Enrollment at the college is more than 20,000 students and it still maintains a friendly atmosphere, with students benefiting from small class sizes and individual attention from professors.
- A multi-million-dollar bond program has been renovating every aspect of the campus, bringing the facilities up to modern standards in its historic Mission-style architecture.
- Voted the Best Community College by the readers of the Los Angeles Daily News eight years in a row, 2015-2022. We can help. For complete application information, go to Pierce College Admissions.
See our Fact Sheet above for more information on why Pierce is your best choice.
CSU transfer data: https://rb.gy/uanfxj UC Transfer data: https://rb.gy/vuo3tj
Updated Feb 2023