Part of getting there is understanding where you are along the way.
More than just the measure of your success at LAPC, your academic standing is fundamental to all your college-related goals and aspirations. Academic standing is so important that colleges and universities have academic standing policies and the U.S. Department of Education has satisfactory academic progress (SAP) policies for recipients of federal financial aid.
Academic standing is integral to:
- Earning your certificate or degree
- Your ability to transfer to particular institutions and/or particular programs with institutions
- Maintaining eligibility to receive financial aid and many scholarships
- Maintaining eligibility for Veterans Administration education benefits
- Maintaining eligibility to be a member of an official college athletic team
- Maintaining status as an F1 international student at HCC
It is very important to be proactive in contacting your academic counselor if anything is affecting your ability to earn passing grades in your classes. Your counselor will work with you to identify strategies that will help you succeed. In addition, Student Retention and Success Services coordinates the LAPC Early Alert Program to inform you of your progress in key courses and provide resources for additional support.