International Student Services
Upon admission to LAPC, these are the next steps to enroll at the college:
1. Pay I-901 SEVIS Fee
A video, available on Study in the States website, walks students and exchange visitors through the steps of paying the I-901 SEVIS fee by payment in U.S. dollars by credit card on fmjfee.com, or by check, money order or Western Union.
2. Apply and obtain an F-1 International Student Visa
Apply for an F-1 International Student Visa using the DS-160, Online Nonimmigrant Visa Application form. Contact the U.S. Embassy or U.S. Consulate’s office for exact information regarding documents needed and procedures when applying.
3. Transfer-In Students
If you are a student currently in the United States with a valid I-20, provide a copy of your Los Angeles Pierce College (LAPC) acceptance letter to your current school and request they transfer your active SEVIS record to LAPC.
4. Complete Two-Part Orientation
Complete a two-part orientation.
- LAPC Online Orientation: Log in to your Los Angeles Community College District (LACCD) Student Portal. Select the "Student Status" tile, select "Assessment Placement" drop down arrow and select "Orientation."
- Attend an in-person International Student Program orientation after arrival: This orientation will cover information not provided in the LAPC Online Orientation. The date for the International Student Program orientation will be provided to you at your college check-in appointment.
5. Complete the English as a Second Language (ESL) Guided Self-Placement Survey
If English is not your first language, complete the ESL Guided Self-Placement Survey. The results of this placement will help you choose an English course at LAPC. We recommend that you write at least three paragraphs at the writing prompt.
6. Schedule Virtual Pre-Arrival New Student Workshop with Admissions Advisor
The new student workshop will provide information and steps on the matriculation process, English and Math guided self-placements, medical insurance, academic counseling, and class registration. Contact the International Student Services office at at +1 (818) 719-6417, firstname.lastname@example.org or via Live Chat to schedule your check-in appointment.
7. Schedule Online Pre-Arrival Academic Counseling
Pre-arrival academic counseling will assist you in early class registration. If needed, you will also complete the English and Math guided self-placements, which will help you choose English and Math courses. Online counseling is available for students with access to a computer or laptop with a webcam and the internet. Smartphones and tablets are not compatible. Use Chrome or Firefox as your internet browser. Schedule a counseling appointment via ConexEd. You will need your LACCD student ID number to meet with a counselor.
Upon arrival to the college, you can meet with an Academic Counselor in-person or online to create or update your Student Education Plan (SEP).
8. Register for Class
You can view your class registration date in your Los Angeles Community College District (LACCD) Student Portal. Once logged in to your student portal, select the "Manage Classes" tile. From "Manage Classes," you can search for classes and add them to your schedule. Students needing help navigating "Manage Classes" can contact the International Student Services office at +1 (818) 719-6417, email@example.com or via Live Chat.
9. Pay Tuition
Tuition is payable through your Los Angeles Community College District (LACCD) Student Portal or Flywire. Tuition payment due date is posted in your portal.