A counselor must evaluate coursework taken outside the LACCD to determine appropriate course recommendations.
You must bring the following to your appointment:
- College Transcript
- May be an unofficial transcript.
- Course Descriptions
- Descriptions for each college course completed are required.
- You may copy and paste course descriptions on a Microsoft Word document.
- Online college catalogs with course descriptions are available on the university/college or departmental websites.
- Course descriptions are not required for courses completed at California Community Colleges.
- Course Syllabus
- Required for English Composition and Critical Thinking courses completed at non-California community colleges.
Note: Counselors do not evaluate courses for Associate Degree or Certificate major applicability. Your Counselor will provide you with instructions and contact information of the respective Chair if further evaluation is required (Chair Directory).