The Department Chair associated with the Associate Degree or Certificate must evaluate the following as substitutions in order to determine if they apply towards the major:
- Coursework taken at other U.S. regionally accredited institutions
- Coursework taken within LACCD or Los Angeles Pierce College (LAPC) that is not listed as a major requirement
PLEASE FOLLOW THE INSTRUCTIONS BELOW
Step 1: Check the TES website to see if your course or exam score has already been reviewed as a substitution.
- If the course or exam score has been approved on or after the specified approval begin date then proceed to Step 3.
- If you took the course or exam before the approval date then see a counselor.
- If the course or exam score has not been approved then proceed to Step 2.
Step 2: Gather the following information before you see a Department Chair.
- An unofficial transcript of all your college transcripts need to be evaluated (including a LACCD transcript if the course was taken within LACCD). Student name, college name and courses must be listed on the transcript of the college where they were completed.
- Course descriptions for each college course completed. You may copy and paste course descriptions on a Microsoft Word document. Online college catalogs with course descriptions are available on the university/college or departmental websites.
- A copy of the course syllabus.
Note: Non-LACCD official transcripts must be mailed directly from the university/college to LAPC Admissions and Records for the Graduation Office to certify and evaluate. Hand-carried transcripts/scores are not accepted by Admissions and Records.
If using exam scores (AP, IB, CLEP), official scores must be sent by the exam administrator to LAPC Admissions & Records.
Step 3: For Non-LACCD coursework, send official transcript(s) or test scores (AP, IB, CLEP) to the Admissions & Records Office to Los Angeles Pierce College.
Admissions and Records
Los Angeles Pierce College
6201 Winnetka Avenue
Woodland Hills, CA 91371
Request transcripts electronically at Parchment.com.
Be prepared. Provide your unofficial transcripts and course descriptions or exam scores (Step 2 above).
Please contact a Counselor if you have any questions.