Request to Change Major/Home College

Students must first log into their SIS Portal before clicking the button below to submit their request. 

Request to Change your Major/Home College

Frequently Asked Questions

  • Current students or students who have applied for the current term.
  • Students who have Pierce College as their home college or those who want to change their home college to Pierce College.

  • International (F-1 Visa) Students
  • Students receiving benefits through the Veteran’s Affairs at Pierce College
  • Students with an approved financial aid extension appeal (SAP extension appeal) with your current major due to excessive units
    • Make a Counseling Appointment to update your education plan and change your major. If you are in a specialized program (EOP&S, DSPS, Athletics, CAFYES, CalWORKs, International, Veterans) meet with a counselor in that program.
  • Students who have applied for a future semester

The Office of Admissions and Records will process the request within 5 business days.

After 5 business days, you should be able to see your new major or home college in your student portal. You can view your official major by following these instructions.

The Office of Admissions and Records will email your student account (@email) if they are unable to process your request.

Counseling Center

Office Hours and Location

Mondays to Thursdays: 8:00am- 7:00pm
Fridays: 8:00am- 4:00pm
Saturdays and Sundays: closed

Mondays to Fridays: 8:00am- 4:00pm
Saturdays and Sundays: closed

Student Services Bldg., 1st fl.