How to Read TES Evaluation Results
APPROVAL AND DENIAL APPLICABILITY
All decisions are approved for LA Pierce College unless designated as "DENIED".
- An equivalent LA Pierce College course applies to Associate Degrees for Transfer (ADT), Associate Degree, Certificate programs and LA Pierce College General Education pattern only.
- Courses approved for the Associate Degree for Transfer may not necessarily satisfy the university's major requirements. Please check ASSIST.org for UC and CSU campus major requirements or private school major articulation agreements on our Transfer Agreements & Articulation website.
- IGETC and CSU GE Certification approvals for non-California Community Colleges (UC, CSU, private and out-of-state institutions) are listed in TES indicating the IGETC and/or CSU GE area(s) the course is approved for.
- TES does not indicate California Community College IGETC, CSU GE or major preparation approvals. Please check ASSIST.org for California Community College IGETC, CSU GE or major preparation approvals.
- TES indicates course approvals and denials towards applicability at LA Pierce College. It is up to the discretion of the CCC or 4-year institution if they will accept the LA Pierce College course as a comparable course.
- Associate Degree for Transfer Major Course Approvals: Course approval is only for the Associate Degree for Transfer. It is highly recommended that you check with the university you are applying to determine if courses you have taken outside of the California Community College system satisfy major requirements. Check ASSIST.org for courses taken in the California Community College system.
Students are advised to check with transfer institutions to ensure that they have meet minimum eligibility and/or major requirements. Especially for English Composition, Critical Thinking, Oral Communication and Mathematics entrance requirements. IGETC or CSU GE approval may not meet these minimum entrance requirements.
NURSING PREREQUISITE APPLICABILITY
The Nursing program will not accept online Biology, Anatomy, Physiology or Chemistry courses*. Only courses with “Nursing Prerequisite” indicated on TES will be accepted for LAPC’s Nursing Program. A Nursing Equivalency Form is still required as part of the nursing application process. For more information or questions, please email email@example.com.
*Exceptions were made for online science courses due to COVID-19. Please email firstname.lastname@example.org for verification that online science course(s) will be accepted.
- All IGETC areas, Associate Degrees for Transfer (ADT), local Associate degrees, major and certificate requirements: "C" or better
- U.S. regionally accredited college/university for CSU GE A1, A2, A3 and B4: "C-" or better
- CCC courses taken for competency: "C" or better or "P" if taken "pass/no pass" where "pass" is equivalent to "C" or better
- U.S. regionally accredited college/university for competency: "C-" or better
Course approvals apply to only one (1) GE area. You may not double count GE areas. The only exceptions to double count are:
- CSU American Institutions Requirement, US-1, US-2 and US-3, which are graduation requirements, may double count with any CSU or IGETC area
- IGETC Areas 3B and 6
Approval is for applicability to the GE area only. Please ensure your course meets the minimum unit requirement for the GE area.
Check any "Notes" designated with a check mark. Notes will indicate specific approval requirements.
MATH AND SCIENCE COURSES
It is highly recommended that sequential math and science courses be taken at the same college. Please check the major articulation on ASSIST.org or check with a Counselor if you have questions.