Enrollment and Registration Procedures
Steps on How to Enroll and Register at Pierce College
Step 1. Complete Application
Fill out Application, hand it in to Admissions Office. You may also apply online.
Step 2. Assessment
Take your Math and English placement test at the Assessment Center (allow 4 hours). This will place you in the appropriate Math and English course level. Please note: You are not required to take the Math and English assessment tests in order to register for courses. For an appointment date/time contact the Assessment Center at 719-6499 or
- Click on Assessment Center
- Click on Assessment Testing Dates
- Choose a date to take the test, you simply show up that day (no appointment needed)
Step 3. On-line Orientation
Go to the Pierce College homepage. Click on “On-line Orientation” and follow the instructions. Allow about 45 minutes to complete. At the end of the orientation you will take the on-line quiz in order to receive your Registration Appointment (this is the date when you can register for your courses). Within 2 business days you will receive an email indicating your registration date (Remember to check your email for the date).
Step 4. Counseling
See the Athletic Counselor in the Counseling Office, ADM 1000. We will create a Student Education Plan (SEP) to select appropriate courses (General education and major preparation courses) towards fulfilling the AA degree and transfer requirements. You can either make a counseling appointment or drop-in.
Step 5. Registration
There are three ways to register for courses:
- Register for classes on-line: www.piercecollege.edu, (instructions in schedule of classes)
- Telephone, using the STEP registration system (instructions in schedule of classes)
- In-person at the Admissions Office
- To look at a list of Open/Closed/Standby courses go to: schedule of classes
- If the classes you want are full, you may be put on a standby list.
- Remember to write down all of your Confirmation Numbers.
Step 6. Payment
Payment is due when you register. You may pay with cash, check, or credit card. A hold will be placed on your record if you do not pay when you register. A Registration/Fee Receipt and a Pierce College picture ID card will be issued to you when you pay. If you pay by phone or mail, you may pick up your picture ID in the Campus Center.
Step 7. Attend Classes
If you have any questions come see me—Athletics Counselor.