Foreign Nurse Graduate Policy
The Department of Nursing offers foreign nurse graduates the opportunity to correct a noted deficiency in an area of nursing education permitting eligibility for the NCLEX-RN examination. This program is offered by the college in cooperation with the California Board of Registered Nursing and is dependent on space availability.
- The following are requirements for eligibility to enroll as a foreign nurse graduate in the Department of Nursing at Los Angeles Pierce College (LAPC). The foreign nurse graduate must:
- Present a copy of an official letter or other document from the California Board of Registered Nursing identifying deficiencies for licensure.
- Submit petition via email to the nursing department at LAPCemail@example.com.
- The applicant will be notified of the Admissions/Graduation/Retention Sub-Committee's decision. Upon acceptance into the program the applicant will enroll in the course(s) as directed. The applicant must also enroll in N-442 (Role Transition to RN) and in the college.
- Foreign nurse graduate applicants are admitted at the beginning of fall and spring semesters strictly on a space available basis and within the guidelines of the Priority List Policy.
- Once foreign nurse graduate applicants are accepted into the program, they must:
- Complete all health requirements. (Must be current for the length of enrollment).
- Purchase professional malpractice insurance. (Must be current for the length of enrollment).
- Present valid Fire Safety and CPR-BCLS cards. (Must be current for the length of enrollment).
- Wear the designated LAPC nursing student uniform.
- Download the current LAPC Nursing Student Handbook.
- Comply with all college and department regulations.
- Enroll in the National Student Nursing Association (NSNA).
- Participate in standardized testing.
- Undergo a required background check and drug screen.
- The Department of Nursing will notify the Board of Registered Nursing when the class(es) correcting the deficiency has been successfully completed.
- Counseling is available through the Department of Nursing.
- Please notify the Department of Nursing of name, address or telephone changes.