TEACHER EDUCATION PROGRAM COURSES
Do you want to become a teacher? Are you interested in teaching children K-12?
Los Angeles Pierce College (LAPC) offers a guided path for you to become a teacher: Complete your Associate Degree for Transfer (ADT), in Elementary Teacher Education and transfer into a California State University (CSU) teacher education program.
Education classes at Los Angeles Pierce College offer many advantages:
- Education 1 is a CSU requirement and part of the ADT in Elementary Teacher Education
- Education 203 is equivalent to ELPS 203 at California State University, Northridge (CSUN)
- Education 1 and 203 count toward the pre-credential field requirements
- Education 203 and 200 are part of the CSUN Liberal Studies ITEP-Junior option (15a and 15b on the Liberal Studies Transfer chart)
- Education 200 is the prerequisite for SPED 412 (your upper division course) at CSUN
- Education 10 is part of our Teacher Assistant Paraprofessional Certificate of Achievement, and is stackable with the Associate’s Degree for Transfer (ADT) in Elementary Teacher Education.
- Education 203 is also part of the Global Studies minor at CSUN
- ETK and TK Instructors must have a Multiple Subjects Teaching Credential, plus 24-units of Child Development.
With our Teacher Education program, you can complete THREE Associates Degrees at once! When you complete the ADT in Elementary Teacher Education through our guided pathway, and you will ALSO earn an Associate Degree in:
- General Studies with emphasis in Social and Behavioral Sciences, and
- General Studies with emphasis in Science, Technology, Engineering and Mathematics (with one more 3-unit course in STEM).
- Before taking Education courses, we recommend that students complete English 28.