The NCJWA/LA's Scholarship Program is committed to advancing higher education for students of all backgrounds in a variety of subject matter disciplines. The awards are based on a combination of academic, meric, and financial need with amounts ranging from $1,000 to $5,000 directly distributed to the student's school for the following semester. Awards are not fee specific and students can utilize these funds for any educational related expense directly with school. For additional information, contact email@example.com
Qualifying students must be enrolled or admitted to school or live and attend school in the Los Angeles, Orange County, Riverside, San Bernardino and Ventura counties. Applicants must meet the following criteria:
- Demonstrate financial need
- Minimum 2.7 cumulative grade point average (GPA)
- Proof of enrollment and have access to unofficial transcripts
- Cost of attendance for the specific program
- Two letters of recommendation
Deadline: April 15, 2022
AP Keenan Insurance Scholarship
The Foundation for California Community Colleges (FoundationCCC) is pleased to announce the availability of a new scholarship opportunity for CCC students. The AP Keenan Insurance Scholarship seeks to increase the diversity of professionals working within the insurance, risk management, and financial services industry by providing scholarships to underrepresented studens at California Community Colleges.
For 2022, a total of $9,500 is available for disbursement. Students must apply to their local college Financial Aid or Scholarship Office. Colleges will verify student eligibility and then submit an invoice for payment to FoundationCCC.
- The student application period is February 1-October 31, 2022.
- Invoice from colleges are due to FoundationCCC by November 1, 2022.
STUDENT ELIGIBILITY REQUIREMENTS
- Scholarship preference shall be given to underrepresented students who are working towards a certificate or degree in insurance, risk management, financial services or a related field, such as business administration with a concentration in or focus on the insurance and benefits industry.
- Applicants must be eligible for a California College Promise Grant or be experiencing other circumstances demonstrating financial need.
- Applicants must be enrolled in and complete three (3) units each semester, or the quarter equivalent, in insurance, risk management, financial services, or related courses in order to be eligible to receive a scholarship.
Visit this FoundationCCC web page for more details and information, including a sample student application and full scholarship guidelines. If you have any additional questions, you can email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Kaiser Permanente Health Equity Scholarship
The Kaiser Permanente Health Equity Scholars Program aims to support young leaders who have a demonstrated interest in pursuing a clinical (e.g. pharmacist, physician, practitioner, nurse) or non-clinical (e.g. accounting, business administration, human resources, marketing, public policy) career in the healthcare industry.
$5,000 scholarship opportunity for students interested in healthcare careers.
- You MUST reside, in one of the following eight (8) Kaiser Permanente service areas: California, Colorado, District of Columbia, Georgia, Maryland, Oregon, Virginia, or Washington State.
- Possess a cumulative grade point average of 2.5 on a 4.0 scale.
- Be a U.S. citizen, national, permanent resident, undocumented immigrant or designated DACA ("Deferred Action for Childhood Arrivals") recipient of the U.S.
- Be a current high school graduate, who plans to enroll full-time, as a first-year college student during the fall semester of 2022, at a U.S.-located, four-year accredited, not-for-profit college or university or two-year accredited, not-for-profit community college.
Click here to apply or view the details of this opportunity. Deadline: 5/31/2022
Questions? Please email the program manager: Yves.Pierre@uncf.org
The Los Angeles Pierce College Foundation
LA Pierce College Foundation scholarship application is now open. Visit the Pierce College Foundation website for details. Deadline is March 25, 2022.
Additional Scholarship Opportunities
Scholarship Search Sites
Scholarship Scam Alert
There are many businesses who would like to sell you the opportunity for them to search for scholarships for you. They will promise to locate several sources of scholarships which you qualify for. We discourage paying anyone to search scholarships on your behalf. Below are scholarship scam warning signs:
- The best rule of thumb: Financial aid should never cost you. Never invest anything beyond the cost of a postage stamp in searching for scholarships.
- The "Money-Back Guarantee", especially if the company tries to 'guarantee' that you will win an award.
- Credit card verification: If they ask for a checking account or credit card information for 'verification' or to 'confirm eligibility', stop listening. Scammers use this ploy to get your financial information and then drain your account or run up charges on your credit card.
Links are being provided as a convenience and for informational purposes only; they do not constitute an endorsement or an approval by the Los Angeles Community College District (LACCD) and/or Los Angeles Pierce College (LAPC) of any of the products, services or opinions of the corporation or organization or individual. The Los Angeles Community College District (LACCD) and/or Los Angeles Pierce College (LAPC) bears no responsibility for the accuracy, legality or content of the external site or for that of subsequent links. Contact the external site for answers to questions regarding its content.
Financial Aid Office
Student Services Building, 2nd floor
6201 Winnetka Ave.
Woodland Hills, CA 91371
Federal School Code: 001226